Now Hiring: Technology Associates
Just-Tech is a growing technology firm with a wealth of experience providing IT strategy, system design, project implementation, training as well as ongoing management, and engineering and support services to legal aid, public interest and public defender organizations. Just-Tech is headquartered in New York with team members and clients located across the United States. Just-Tech’s client organizations are leading the way in helping low-income individuals and families realize the promise of equal justice under the law by providing free, accessible, cutting edge legal services and legal assistance, by collaborating through statewide and national technology initiatives that magnify the numbers of persons serve, and by inspiring lawyers in both corporate and private practices to donate tens of thousands of hours of their time every year in service to their communities and their nation.
Just-Tech is seeking full-time technology associates to be a part of its progressive and innovative team. The technology associates will spend most of their time working directly with Just-Tech’s clients, their staff and their volunteers to help ensure that their systems and applications are fully operational and that clients have the support they need to properly use their technology. Just-Tech is currently seeking Technology Associates to work out of our offices in New York, Pennsylvania, and California. Periodic work will be done at client offices and overnight travel will be required periodically.
Just-Tech and its clients are primarily Microsoft shops with some Apple, Linux, and Solaris-based systems. Most of our clients use VoIP telephone solutions that are either premise or cloud-based. We support users who increasingly work outside of their offices and use laptops, tablets, smartphones, and MiFi devices that Just-Tech maintains and supports. Just-Tech can help train candidates whose skills might be lacking in particular fields but who are exceptionally strong otherwise.
The successful candidate will be motivated, resourceful, creative, detail-oriented, maintain grace under pressure, and welcome the opportunity to learn unfamiliar technologies. She/he must enjoy working as a member of a larger team but also have the skills, experience and confidence to work independently. Just-Tech is eager to hire individuals who have demonstrated commitment to serving their community, who want to put their technical mindset to use in the service of social justice and who are willing to grow their knowledge in assigned areas of responsibility. Extra consideration will be given to candidates with work or volunteer experience with non-profit law firms.
- Act as the first point of contact for IT with client technical queries.
- Use the helpdesk ticketing system to document problems, troubleshoot steps, verify problem resolution and run performance reports.
- Participate in the rollout of new technology, hardware and software.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware, software and end user problems.
- Support the development of infrastructure and systems to meet the company’s needs.
- Work within a TCP/IP network environment, including DHCP, DNS and Ethernet.
- Create and maintain Active Directory and Exchange/Office365 accounts.
- Monitor various networking monitoring tools, backup and antivirus solutions.
- Support VOIP and legacy phone systems.
- Manage Microsoft group policy.
- Provide secondary support for the engineering team.
- Create, update and provide end user training on various technologies.
- Create internal documentation of processes and procedures.
- Help maintain client infrastructure documentation.
- Install typical office IT equipment.
- Lift or group lift IT equipment such as computers, servers, printers, backup power devices, monitors, network switches, and scanners.
- Skilled in establishing good working relationships with technical and non-technical clients.
- Patience and respect for team members and clients.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Extensive experience working with end-users to resolve their complex IT issues.
- Hands-on experience working with Active Directory and Exchange/Office 365.
- Knowledge of standard networking protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, and OSPF.
- Expertise in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office suites.
- Google Apps for Non-Profits and administration.
- VMware and VDI solutions.
- Azure, AWS, or GCP.
- Supporting VOIP or TDM telephone systems
- Document imaging or management solutions
- VB script or other coding
- Project management.
Work Schedule, Salary, Benefits, and Applying for the Position
Technology Associates work normal business hours with some evening and weekend hours for client projects. Technology Associates periodically need to respond to emergency calls and occasionally travel out-of-town to client sites and conferences. Just-Tech offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and exceptional professional growth opportunities.
Just-Tech is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. People of color, women, people with disabilities, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons are welcome and are encouraged to apply.
Interested individuals should email a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please write “Technology Associate” in subject line. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.