Now Hiring: Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
We are seeking an experienced and highly skilled Senior Project Manager to join our dynamic team and lead our legal technology projects. As a senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the successful execution of complex legal technology initiatives, ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget, and in line with the projects’ objectives. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including legal professionals, IT specialists, and external vendors, to drive project success and optimize legal operations through the strategic implementation of technology solutions. This work involves monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, identifying project tasks, deadlines, and assignments, and ensuring that projects move forward expeditiously.
Work location and schedule: Remote within the United States; 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. ET
Travel: Occasional travel to conferences and client meetings
- Lead and oversee the execution of complex legal technology projects, ensuring timely and budget-conscious delivery aligned with organizational goals.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define project scope, budget, goals, and deliverables.
- Develop comprehensive project plans, timelines, and resource allocation.
- Identify project change and prepare change orders.
- Manage cross-functional project teams, providing guidance and support throughout the project lifecycle, including identifying risks and identifying solutions.
- Monitor project progress, track KPIs, and implement corrective actions.
- Coordinate with internal and external teams for seamless integration of technology solutions.
- Monitor vendor budgets.
- Facilitate communication and foster strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Maintain project documentation and provide regular status updates.
- Keep contemporaneous records of daily time worked on client projects and organizational tasks.
- Project Delivery Time: Close out project on time and on budget.
- Cost performance: Track the actual project costs against budgeted costs, ensuring projects are delivered within approved financial limits. Ensure project profitability.
- Stakeholder Satisfaction: Conduct regular stakeholder reviews to assess satisfaction levels with project outcomes, communication, and collaboration.
- Project Scope Adherence: Measure the extent to which projects adhere to the defined scope and deliverables, minimizing scope creep and ensuring project focus.
- Resource Utilization: Monitor and optimize resource allocation to ensure efficiency and productivity of team members and external partners.
- Quality of Deliverables: Evaluate the quality of product deliverables, including legal technology solutions, documentation, and training materials, against defined standards and requirements.
- Risk management: Track the identification, mitigation, and resolution of project risks throughout the project lifecycle.
- Communication and Collaboration: Monitor the effectiveness of project communication and collaboration among the project team and stakeholders, ensuring clarity, responsiveness, and knowledge sharing.
- Project Documentation: Asses the completeness and accuracy of project documentation, including project plans, status reports, and meeting minutes, ensuring they are up to date and readily accessible.
- Lessons Learned: Capture and evaluate lessons learned from each project to identify areas for improvement, enhance project management processes, and foster continuous learning and development.
- Timekeeping: Contemporaneous daily time records of client and non-client work.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Project Manager in legal technology or a related field.
- Strong understanding of legal operations and technology applications.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in project management tools, including ClickUp, AirTable, and Microsoft Planner.
- Non-profit, legal services, or private law firm experience.
- Exceptional time and task management skills; proven ability to provide contemporaneous time records.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Relevant certifications (PMP, CMP, PRINCE2) are desirable.
- Experience managing technology projects related to case management systems (e.g., LegalServer, Clio, Pika, JusticeServer), document management systems (e.g. SharePoint, NetDocuments), and/or database management (SQL).
Salary range is $80,000-$100,000. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. References will not be contacted until after the final round of interviews.