Now Hiring: Director of Consulting
Just-Tech is a rapidly growing, mission-driven, legal technology firm that works to advance and support the national justice system. Our team has a wealth of experience providing IT strategy, system design, project implementation and training as well as ongoing management, engineering and support services to legal aid, public interest, public defender, law school, and private firm communities. Most of Just-Tech’s clients help low-income communities realize the promise of equal justice under the law by providing free and accessible legal services, by collaborating through statewide and national technology initiatives, and by inspiring lawyers to donate tens of thousands of hours of their time every year.
Just-Tech is seeking a Director of Consulting (Director) to lead and scale our consulting practice and be part of the management team. The Director should be passionate about the innovative use of technology to improve internal business processes and client services for law firms, and be a thought leader on applying technology to increase access to justice. The successful candidate will be motivated, resourceful, creative, detail-oriented, maintain grace under pressure, exercise excellent judgment, and welcome the opportunity to learn more about business management, supervision and technology. Just-Tech is eager to hire individuals who have demonstrated commitment to serving their community and who want to put their technical and business mindset to use in improving access to justice.
Accelerate the adoption of innovative, high-quality, high-value technology solutions by the national legal community
Become the nation’s preeminent technology consulting team by driving efficient, durable justice system improvements that increase access to and delivery of legal information, tools and client services as well as increasing the efficiency of organizational operations.
SELECT POSITION OBJECTIVES
- Increase national impact and economies of scale by growing consulting services by 20% per year
- Maintain a client net promoter score of 60 or higher
- Meet team workload goals to ensure sustainable but profitable project dockets
- Set and ensure delivery of team professional development goals
CORE ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Team Supervision and Management – The Director is responsible for managing and supervising the growing consulting team. Supervision includes ensuring best practices and policies are followed and projects align with the consultant skillsets. The Director communicates expectations, leads team planning, reviews performance, monitors workload, and provides team member coaching. The Director ensures timely administrative recordkeeping from the team, including notification of new contracts, consultant assignment changes, timeline changes, project wrap-ups, and time-keeping.
- Project Supervision and Subject Matter Expertise – The Director serves as a subject matter expert and strategist for projects that require their additional expertise. Working closely with clients and the lead consultants on each project, the Director helps design and scope projects and serves as an additional project resource as needed. The Director works with Just-Tech’s project coordinator to ensure that projects are being delivered on time and within the set budget.
- Business Development & Client Success – The Director works with other members of the management team to develop additional targeted business. This is achieved through outreach to current and potential clients, participation in conferences and webinars, and the development of partnerships with other vendors and organizations. The Director refines and develops service offerings that anticipate or respond to community needs, and will also assist with drafting proposals and Scopes of Work for new projects. In addition to developing new business, the Director will also help maintain relationships with existing clients to ensure that Just-Tech is providing quality, responsive service.
- 5+ years of experience leading, managing and supervising teams, including contractors and vendors
- Strong management skills – establish and ensure team members meet performance standards
- Skilled in business, legal or technology-related project management
- Experience in business development including building presentations and proposals
- Non-profit/private law firm practice experience
- Working knowledge of current, leading technologies and services used by the legal community
- Knowledge of legal operations best practices and ability to adapt these practices for clients
- Highly developed emotional intelligence and sensitivity. Able to adapt to a wide range of consulting clients that are diverse culturally, in size, in mission-focus, and in geographic location
- Great relationship building skills and ability to collaborate within various teams
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in leading implementations in LegalServer and SharePoint, and other document management and case management systems.
- Case handling/litigation
- SharePoint, iManage, NetDocuments, Laserfiche or similar platforms
- Matter/case management systems
- Grants management or client billing systems
- use or development
- Law firm marketing strategies and tactics
The base salary for the Director of Consulting ranges from $100K to $120K, commensurate with experience and skill. Just-Tech also offers merit-based bonuses, medical, dental, vision as well as other benefits.
Just-Tech offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and exceptional professional growth opportunities. Just-Tech is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. People of color, women, veterans, immigrants, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ persons are welcome and are encouraged to apply. Some travel is required. Applicants should send a cover letter and resume/CV to email@example.com.