Now Hiring: Operations Manager
Just-Tech is currently seeking an Operations Manager to be a part of our progressive and innovative firm.
This position may be remote and may require some travel of up to 10%, when it is deemed necessary and safe to travel. Preference will be given to candidates based in the New York City area. Candidates must be able to work in the United States.
Who We Are:
Just-Tech is a growing technology firm with a wealth of experience providing IT strategy, system design, project implementation and training as well as ongoing management, engineering, and support services to legal aid, public interest, and public defender organizations. Just-Tech is headquartered in New York with team members and clients located across the United States.
Just-Tech’s clients help low-income individuals and families realize the promise of equal justice under the law by providing free and accessible legal services and legal assistance, by collaborating through statewide and national technology initiatives, and by inspiring lawyers to donate tens of thousands of hours of their time every year in service to their communities.
Just-Tech is seeking a collaborative and process-oriented Operations Manager to oversee the company’s daily operations as well as lead various process improvement initiatives as we structure for growth. The Operations Manager will be the go-to person for both Just-Tech’s employees and clients. This role encompasses responsibilities in a variety of areas such as Human Resources, Vendor Management, Client Management, and general business operations, as well as strategic work to build processes that meet business needs. The Operations Manager will work closely with multiple departments (Sales, Marketing, Service Delivery) to identify, implement, manage, and scale operational initiatives across a variety of work processes. This position is focused on both the day-to-day and on the longer-term improvement of company operations.
The ideal candidate has experience in operations and process design/improvement, is detail oriented (while keeping the big picture in sight) and is comfortable in a fast-paced environment wearing many hats. As part of the leadership team, the Operations Manager monitors efficiency and performance and sets goals across the entire organization. The Operations manager works to build great teams across the company. The incumbent is responsible for recruiting, training, and hiring, as well as building employee morale and satisfaction. The Operations Manager will also coordinate with Finance on financial processes, like reporting, and budgeting.
- Ensure all systems operate smoothly and align with Just-Tech’s quality standards
- Provide operational management and support to Sales, Marketing, and Service Delivery teams.
- Establish and monitor KPIs and quality assessments
- Monitor daily operations and address potential issues as they arise
- Human Resource related functions such as recruiting, training, hiring, onboarding, offboarding; and building a thriving company culture that aligns with Just-Tech’s mission, vision, and values.
- Ensure compliance with operational processes and policies
- Design and implement company policies, acting as a consultant to managers and staff regarding policies and procedures.
- Work with Finance on departmental budgets, billing, and reporting operations data for metrics/KPIs.
- Manage vendors, including subcontractors, consultants, temp agencies, and freelancers.
- Handle contracting for both vendors and clients.
- Identify and implement policies and strategies to improve quality, productivity, efficiency, and time entries.
- With support from Just-Tech’s PEO, review and negotiate compensation and benefits packages.
- Long-term planning to create initiatives that further the company’s overall goals.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in operations/human resources, business administration, or related field is preferred.
- Proven experience (5+ years) managing operations for a small-to-mid-sized firm with at least 2 years of experience with an IT services firm, preferably a managed services provider.
- Excellent analytical abilities: able to dig into complex processes and data to inform decisions.
- Experience building, monitoring, and reporting on budgets, as well as forecasting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Proficient in PSA platforms such as ConnectWise.
- Sound knowledge of operations/HR metrics and KPIs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, fluid environment that requires wearing many hats.
- Ability to take initiative, anticipate and solve problems, deal with ambiguity, make continuous process improvements, and drive tasks to completion.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- A strong understanding of financial/budgeting processes and principles
- Team and project management skills
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Supervisory experience
- Experience working with a professional employer organization (PEO) such as ADP.
- Working knowledge of current, leading practices in managing a successful technology services firm.
- Enthusiasm and curiosity about utilizing new technologies to advance access to justice.
Just-Tech offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and exceptional professional growth opportunities. Just-Tech is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Veterans, immigrants, people of color, women, people with disabilities, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer persons are welcome and are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Operations Manager”