Now Hiring: Project Coordinator
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Coordinator with project management and administration experience to be a critical part of our progressive and innovative team.
This position is remote, but may require some travel of up to 25%, when it is deemed necessary and safe to travel. Candidate must be able to work in the United States.
Who We Are:
Just-Tech is a growing technology firm with a wealth of experience providing IT strategy, system design, project implementation and training as well as ongoing management, engineering, and support services to legal aid, public interest, and public defender organizations. Just-Tech is headquartered in New York with team members and clients located across the United States.
Just-Tech’s clients help low-income individuals and families realize the promise of equal justice under the law by providing free and accessible legal services and legal assistance, by collaborating through statewide and national technology initiatives, and by inspiring lawyers to donate tens of thousands of hours of their time every year in service to their communities.
Summary of Functions
Just-Tech is seeking a Project Coordinator to assist our Consulting, Engineering and Client Services team in organizing and administering our ongoing projects. This work involves monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, identifying project tasks, deadlines, and assignments, and ensuring that projects move forward expeditiously. This role requires communicating and coordinating across teams, as well as with clients and vendors.
To be successful as a Project Coordinator, you will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications, such as Word and Excel, and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study and at least two (2) years of relevant experience, preferably in Legal Services, Non-Profits, or Technology, is required for consideration.
While the Project Coordinator will work across the organization, the Project Coordinator will be a member of the Consulting team and will report to the Director of Consulting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Maintain a large portfolio of active projects and act as the single point of contact for clients.
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Work with consultants to develop project plans and ensure project development remains on track and deadlines are met.
- Maintain, monitor, and update project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures.
- Maintain ongoing communication with both clients and internal staff regarding status of projects.
- Schedule and prepare agendas for meetings.
- Facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Assist with requirement- and information-gathering on projects.
- Identify project changes and prepare change orders
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Maintain a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal, objective, and project tasks
- Assist with kicking off and closing out client projects.
- Update ConnectWise (Just-Tech’s database management system) with project and client information as necessary
- Prepare and manage status reports across projects.
- Monitor and maintain project tasks and follow-ups needed across Consulting, Engineering, and Support teams.
- Maintain tasks planner for Engineering team.
- Enter all time worked into ConnectWise
- Provide administrative support on projects as needed.
A Project Coordinator’s work will be measured on billable client work across multiple projects, as well as hours charged internally for operational and professional development work. While the Project Coordinator will report to the Director of Consulting, they will be working on projects for Consulting, Support, and Engineering teams as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent skills and experience)
- Minimum of 2 years of project management, administrative or operational experience
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suites, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Exceptional time and task management skills
- Proficient at synthesizing complex information
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Strategic thinking skills
- Ability to do tactical execution
- High emotional intelligence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong leadership quality
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated self-starter
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Non-profit, legal services, or private law firm practice experience
- Working knowledge of current, leading technologies and services that law firms use
- Experience using Visio, Lucid Charts, or other diagramming software
- Experience in client or vendor relationship management
- Enthusiasm and curiosity about utilizing new technologies to advance access to justice.
Just-Tech offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and exceptional professional growth opportunities. Just-Tech is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Veterans, immigrants, people of color, women, people with disabilities, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer persons are welcome and are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Project Coordinator.”