Now Hiring: Operations Assistant
We are currently seeking an experienced Operations Assistant with operations and administration experience to be a critical part of our progressive and innovative team.
This position is currently remote but may transition to an in-office role when it is deemed necessary and safe to do so. Candidate must be able to work in the United States.
Who We Are:
Just-Tech is a growing mission-driven technology firm with a wealth of experience providing IT strategy, system design, project implementation and training as well as ongoing management, engineering and support services to legal aid, public interest and public defender organizations. Just-Tech is headquartered in New York with team members and clients located across the United States.
Just-Tech’s clients help low-income individuals and families realize the promise of equal justice under the law by providing free and accessible legal services and legal assistance, by collaborating through statewide and national technology initiatives, and by inspiring lawyers to donate tens of thousands of hours of their time every year in service to their communities.
Summary of Functions
We are searching for an energetic and organized self-starter to join our rapidly growing company as our new Operations Assistant. The Operations Assistant will report directly to the Business Operations Manager and assist in the smooth daily operations of our company. As part of our operations team, you collaborate with multiple team members, leaders, and stakeholders, participating wherever necessary to ensure smooth, efficient operations. In this role, you may juggle multiple projects simultaneously, necessitating time management, multitasking, and organizational skills.
Our ideal candidate values advancing access to justice and working for small business where team members have broader responsibility sets and learning opportunities. Our ideal candidate also has a wide range of applicable skills, from strong computer proficiency with office productivity suites to attention to detail with data entry tasks. Candidates should possess excellent communication skills, be able to juggle multiple tasks, be able to resolve problematic situations efficiently and have excellent organizational skills. Top candidates will have strong organizational, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
To be successful as an Operations Assistant, you will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, work across numerous concurrent projects, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel, and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, and prior administrative or operations experience is a strong plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
- Assist the Business Operations Manager with all tasks, including data entry, training, correspondence and scheduling.
- Assisting with the management of daily operational activities.
- Assisting with internal project management by creating assignments, tracking progress, and resolving issues.
- Assisting in monitoring and managing budgets and preparing financial reports for senior management.
- Planning and organizing staff training and employee engagement activities.
- Scheduling meetings and team building sessions as required.
- Promptly answering the questions of staff and other stakeholders.
- Providing excellent client service and maintaining relationships with vendors.
- Preparing and filing forms and other documents.
- Assisting with recruitment and onboarding processes.
- Preparing and maintaining operations documents and reports.
- Help Improve compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Proactively recommend improvements to increase sales and operational performance.
- Liaise with different departments to improve performance and work efficiency.
- Compile sales and operational reports and distribute them to relevant departments.
- Attending to any correspondence and emails by customers, clients and contractors.
- Keep updated on industry trends and consumer market.
- Collaborate with any team or project as required, assisting with non-specialized tasks.
- Proofread and correct reports, presentations, and client-facing materials.
- Multitask across multiple projects, triaging as necessary to ensure success.
- Communicate with both clients and internal staff members regarding status of projects.
- Update QuickBooks, ConnectWise and ADP with financial and operational information as necessary.
- Maintain contemporaneous electronic time records and notes on all client and internal work.
- Provide administrative support as needed across departments.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience in office management, administrative or operations role.
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills.
- A strong interest in learning.
- Prior experience working remotely or with a distributed team preferred.
- Experience in a business work environment preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills to sift through high volumes of data and information.
- Strong data entry skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Non-Profit, Legal Services or IT Managed Services industry experience
- Experience developing presentations and reports.
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Some HR experience including collecting and updating employee data, scheduling interviews, assisting in onboarding of new employees.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.