Now Hiring: Business Operations Manager
Just-Tech is a growing technology firm with a wealth of experience providing IT strategy, system design, project implementation and training, as well as ongoing management, engineering and support services to legal aid, public interest and public defender organizations. Founded in 2014, Just-Tech is headquartered in New York with team members and clients located across the United States.
Just-Tech is seeking an experienced Business Operations Manager with strong financial management experience to join our progressive and innovative team of professionals. The ideal candidate has exceptional strengths developing and managing small business operations, preferably in a startup environment, and has experience helping lead and scale consulting services companies.
The Business Operations Manager will be responsible for day-to-day management of the business including financial management, budgeting, project reporting, and administrative functions. Reporting to the President, this new position is key to realizing our plans for significant growth over the next three years. In support of this growth, the Business Operations Manager will lead development of systems, tools and practices to help the firm sustainably scale its professional services. This position will manage an administrative assistant (shared with the management team) as well as part-time bookkeeping, invoicing and accounting contractors. The Business Operations Manager will work principally out of our New York City office with some travel required. Just-Tech will consider exceptional candidates who live outside the New York City area.
The successful candidate will be motivated, resourceful, creative, detail-oriented and maintain grace under pressure. She/he/they must enjoy working as a member of a larger team but also have the skills, experience and confidence to work independently. Just-Tech is eager to hire individuals who have demonstrated commitment to serving their community, who want to put their business operations and financial mindset to use in the service of social justice and who are willing to grow their knowledge in assigned areas of responsibility. Extra consideration will be given to candidates with work or volunteer experience with non-profit law firms.
- Create an environment consistent with Just-Tech’s values, performance and growth objectives
- Consult with the leadership team to define, launch, drive and evaluate strategic organizational and operational initiatives
- Work with the president to establish and manage financial and customer service goals
- Monitor budgets and financial performance
- Work cross-functionally to increase product/service profitability while ensuring scalability, cost optimization and appropriate resource utilization
- Lead the management and forecasting of the client service pipeline
- Develop and manage KPIs, identify risks and opportunities and adjust accordingly
- Provide strategic advice and recommendations to leadership on the development, implementation, and evaluation of operating policies, practices, and procedures
- Manage teams across multiple business lines, help manage recruitment and provide guidance on staffing mix
- Work with leadership to ensure staff is appropriately trained, motivated, compensated and rewarded for success
- Five or more years of demonstrated leadership, successfully managing B2B service firms
- Skills in analyzing, reporting, and communicating business and financial metrics
- Experience defining OKRs/KPIs, collecting relevant data and providing management insight based on those OKRs/KPIs
- Able to identify, prioritize and address critical business needs
- Experience scaling business and service operations to meet company growth objectives, while optimizing operations for performance and profitability
- Independent thinker, fast learner who is able to quickly research, learn and sufficiently master new areas of business operations
- Excellent oral and written communications skills serving as a point of contact for clients, vendors and consultants
- Basic skills in Quickbooks or similar small business accounting software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2016 or newer with particular emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, business management, accounting, finance or other related field
- Experience managing an IT/IS service firm
- Proficient in Microsoft Teams and SharePoint
- Experience with ADP’s Professional Employer Organization service
- Experience with ConnectWise professional services automation hosted solution
- Experience within the legal community
Salary, Benefits, and Applying for the Position
Just-Tech is eager to hire individuals who have demonstrated commitment to serving their community, who want to put their technical mindset to use in the service of social justice and who are eager to grow their knowledge and skills in assigned areas of responsibility. Extra consideration will be given to candidates with work or volunteer experience in the legal community.
Just-Tech offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and exceptional professional growth opportunities. Just-Tech is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. People of color, women, people with disabilities, military veterans and active-duty service members, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons are welcome and are encouraged to apply.
Interested individuals, who are eligible to work in the United States, should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please write “Business Operations Manager” in the subject line. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.