Now Hiring: Consultant
Just-Tech is currently seeking an experienced Consultant to be a critical part of our progressive and innovative team.
Just-Tech is a growing technology firm with a wealth of experience providing IT strategy, system design, project implementation and training as well as ongoing management, engineering and support services to legal aid, public interest and public defender organizations. Just-Tech is headquartered in New York with team members and clients located across the United States.
Just-Tech’s clients help low-income individuals and families realize the promise of equal justice under the law by providing free and accessible legal services and legal assistance, by collaborating through statewide and national technology initiatives, and by inspiring lawyers to donate tens of thousands of hours of their time every year in service to their communities.
The Just-Tech consulting team is seeking a new team member with experience in legal operations or advocacy, ideally in the legal aid or non-profit community. Candidates should be passionate about using technology to make internal business processes and client services more efficient. Consultants are often tasked with helping our clients identify business processes that can be made more efficient through introducing a new technology tool, system, or integration. Our consultants then work with clients to oversee the implementations and help align both the technical and business needs.
The successful candidate will be motivated, resourceful, creative, detail-oriented, maintain grace under pressure, exercise excellent judgment, and welcome the opportunity to learn unfamiliar technologies. They must enjoy working as a member of a larger team but also have the skills, experience and confidence to work independently. Just-Tech is eager to hire individuals who have demonstrated commitment to serving their community, who want to put their technical mindset to use in improving access to justice and who are willing to grow their knowledge in assigned areas of responsibility. Extra consideration will be given to candidates with work or volunteer experience in legal services.
Consultants are responsible for independently leading and managing a broad range of projects geared toward helping law firms and organizations enhance client services and internal operations through tailored use of best-fit technologies. Consultants are responsible for managing their own projects and clients. Additionally, they will work with other members of the Just-Tech team to translate clients’ business and technical needs into practical and pragmatic solutions.
Initially, the consultant will work primarily on projects related to case management and document management implementation. This includes regular meetings with clients, project managing the transitions, and assisting with the configuration and implementation of the new systems.
Consultants work with the rest of the team and clients to:
- Manage client engagements and projects
- Work closely with clients and other stakeholders, including Just-Tech partners, to develop project scopes, deliverables, budgets, plans and timelines
- Oversee and assist in the implementation of technology-related projects including:
- Case management system transitions
- Document management system implementations
- Technology Assessments
- Training Initiatives
- Technology Planning
- Other law firm technology projects that improve service delivery and efficiency
- Develop and effectively manage client relationships
- Work with clients to complete business process analysis, project design, and project planning as needed
- Partner with clients to develop strategies for sustainable, secure, and supported technology advancement
- Gain recognition as an internal expert in 1-2 Just-Tech service areas
- Business, legal or technology-related project management experience
- Experience with administration of the LegalServer case management system
- Experience with content/knowledge management systems including document management systems like SharePoint and legal case management systems including CLIO and/or JusticeServer
- Experience independently managing complex, longer duration projects that required coordination of multiple stakeholders
- Working knowledge of current, leading technologies and services that law firms use
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional time and task management
- Non-profit/private law firm and/or consulting practice experience
- Business Process Analysis Expertise
A Consultant’s work will primarily focus on billable client services. Consultants will engage in training and professional development to have a general understanding of a range of technologies and processes and build expertise in key areas related to Just-Tech’s services.
This is a remote position, although preference would be given to candidates in the New York metro area. This position requires up to 25% travel, safety permitting.
Just-Tech offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and exceptional professional growth opportunities. Just-Tech is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Veterans, immigrants, people of color, women, people with disabilities, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer persons are welcome and are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.