Now Hiring: Finance Manager
Just-Tech, a fast growing, mission-driven technology services company that works to advance access to justice, is seeking a Finance Manager to be a critical part of our leadership team.
Just-Tech is seeking a collaborative and detail-oriented Finance Manager to oversee the company’s financial operations as we structure for growth. The Finance Manager will work closely with operations management to develop and implement plans to achieve the company’s long-term growth objectives while maintaining sound financial practices. The Finance Manager also works with leadership on decisions related to the company’s finances; and to develop and implement plans for budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
The ideal candidate has experience evaluating financial performance and profitability and is comfortable in a fast-paced environment. As part of the leadership team, the Finance Manager leads planning and forecasting activities, prepares and reviews financial reports and investigates ways to improve profitability. The Finance Manager also participates in the execution of changes to procedures, policies, and systems to facilitate expansion, quality, compliance, and scaling of the business. Candidates with experience helping firms transition from small business to mid-sized businesses are especially encouraged to apply.
Overseeing operations and development of the company’s finance functions including:
- Creating and reviewing policies
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Conducting regular assessments of financial procedures
- Monitoring AR/AP, payroll, and other transactions.
- Preparing and reviewing financial reports
- Monitoring and enforcing compliance with regulatory requirements
- Producing standard financial reports
- Producing data analysis, research, and modeling for growth opportunities and long-term financial goals
- Managing external accounting and bookkeeping teams
- Developing and managing companywide KPI reporting
- Supervising employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA and/or MBA a plus
- Experience (5+ years) managing finances for small-to-mid-sized professional services firms
- Experience analyzing complex financial data and KPI’s to inform decisions and conducting financial modeling
- Prior responsibility for development and accuracy of financial reports
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, fluid environment that requires wearing many hats
- Entrepreneurial personality – ability to take initiative, anticipate and solve problems, deal with ambiguity, make continuous process improvements, and drive tasks to completion
- Team player, strong project management skills and supervisory experience
- Vendor management experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with an organization with remote staff working in many states, filing taxes in multiple states and partnering with a PEO
- Enthusiasm and curiosity about utilizing new technologies to advance access to justice
- Two or more years of financial management experience with an IT services firm
- Experience working with a PSA
This position is currently remote, but may require some travel of up to 10%, when it is deemed necessary and safe to travel. Candidates must be able to work in the United States.
Just-Tech offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and exceptional professional growth opportunities. The annual base compensation for this position is $90,000 USD, with a possible performance-based year-end bonus. Just-Tech offers medical, dental, vision, life and LTD, as well as 401k matching.
Just-Tech is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Veterans, immigrants, people of color, women, people with disabilities, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer persons are welcome and are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Finance Manager”.
Who We Are:
Just-Tech is a growing technology firm with a wealth of experience providing IT strategy, system design, project implementation and training as well as ongoing management, engineering, and support services to legal aid, public interest, and public defender organizations. Just-Tech is headquartered in New York with team members and clients located across the United States.
Just-Tech’s clients help low-income individuals and families realize the promise of equal justice under the law by providing free and accessible legal services and legal assistance, by collaborating through statewide and national technology initiatives, and by inspiring lawyers to donate tens of thousands of hours of their time every year in service to their communities.