Now Hiring: Engineer (Full-Time)
Just-Tech is a growing technology firm with a wealth of experience providing IT strategy, system design, project implementation and training as well as ongoing management engineering and support services to legal aid, public interest and public defender organizations. Just-Tech is headquartered in New York with team members and clients located across the United States.
Just-Tech’s clients help low-income individuals and families realize the promise of equal justice under the law by providing free and accessible, legal services and legal assistance, by collaborating through statewide and national technology initiatives, and by inspiring lawyers to donate tens of thousands of hours of their time every year in service to their communities.
Just-Tech is seeking a full-time Engineer to be a part of its progressive and innovative team. The Engineer will spend most of their time working directly with Just- Tech’s clients, their client staff and their client volunteers to help ensure that their systems and applications are fully operational and that clients have the support they need to properly use their technology. Periodic work will be done performed at client offices and overnight travel will be required occasionally.
Just-Tech and its clients are primarily Microsoft shops with some Apple, Linux, and Solaris- based systems. Most of our clients use VoIP telephone solutions that are either premise or cloud-based. We support users who increasingly work outside of their offices and use laptops, tablets, smartphones, and MiFi devices that Just-Tech maintains and supports. Just-Tech will train candidates whose skills might be lacking in particular areas but who are exceptionally strong otherwise.
The successful candidate will be motivated, resourceful, creative, detail-oriented, maintain grace under pressure, exercise excellent judgment, and welcome the opportunity to learn unfamiliar technologies. She/he must enjoy working as a member of a larger team but also have the skills, experience and confidence to work independently. Just-Tech is eager to hire individuals who have demonstrated commitment to serving their community, who want to put their technical mindset to use in improving access to justice and who are willing to grow their knowledge in assigned areas of responsibility. Extra consideration will be given to candidates with work or volunteer experience with non-profit law firms.
- Troubleshoot and resolve client computer system issues.
- Manage and coordinate installation, upgrade, and deployment projects, including providing on-site direction for other Just-Tech technical staff.
- Assist other Just-Tech engineers and technology support staff in troubleshooting difficult or time-sensitive problems, participate in various projects, and lend your unique areas of expertise when
- Establish, maintain, and increase client satisfaction through professional, courteous, and caring communication and
- With support from the Director of Engineering, identify client needs; write recommendations with specific equipment, software and services; design, propose, and implement solutions; and assist with writing proposals and reports.
- Maintain your knowledge and expertise by learning new and evolving technologies and by achieving appropriate industry and professional
- Contemporaneously document all your time, work details, and processes; update relevant client documentation.
- Contribute to company vision and direction by helping improve technical practices, as well as choosing key technologies and issues to address as we
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent training with at least 3 years of industry experience in IT system engineering and
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in Microsoft Windows Server/Desktop Operating Systems, Exchange/Office 365/G Suite, Active Directory, SQL Server, Remote Desktop Services, SharePoint
- VMWare/Hyper-V Servers and virtualized systems, Azure/AWS cloud services
- Enterprise Antivirus/Antispam solutions
- Backup technologies, redundant systems, disaster recovery implementation/failover experience and network monitoring
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skilled at working face-to-face and on-site with clients.
- Ability to handle all matters in a confidential manner.
- Excellent problem-solving, time management, interpersonal skills.
- Competence in at least one programming or scripting language and demonstrated ability to automate system administration tasks.
- Database, web programming, scripting experience (Microsoft Access, VBA, Microsoft SQL, MySQL, PHP, Perl, VBS).
- Networking technologies including firewalls/routers/switches/WAPs (Adtran, Cisco, Extreme, Fortigate, Juniper, Sonicwall, etc.), HA, VLANs, STP, routing protocols such as EIGRP and OSPF, VPNs, IPS, and web filtering, in addition to implementing and managing LANs/WANs, ISP circuits and wireless network security using 802.1x and
- Network hardening and penetration testing
- SIEM systems and service management
- Voice over IP systems and concepts. Hands-on experience with designing and implementing VoIP solutions. Experience implementing QoS and troubleshooting voice network quality issues such as jitter and
- Web Server
- Microsoft, Cisco, Networking and Security
- Document management solution
- Linux, Solaris and OS X server
Work Schedule, Salary, Benefits, and Applying for the Position
Engineer works normal business hours with some evening and weekend hours for client projects. Engineers periodically need to respond to emergency calls and occasionally travel out-of-town to client sites and conferences. Just-Tech offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and exceptional professional growth opportunities. Just-Tech is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. People of color, women, people with disabilities, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons are welcome and are encouraged to apply.
Interested individuals should email a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please write “Engineer” in subject line. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.