Now Hiring: Senior Network and Systems Engineer (Full-Time)
Just-Tech is a growing technology firm with a wealth of experience providing IT strategy, system design, project implementation, training as well as ongoing management, and engineering and support services to legal aid, public interest and public defender organizations. Just-Tech is headquartered in New York with team members and clients located across the United States. Just-Tech’s client organizations are leading the way in helping low-income individuals and families realize the promise of equal justice under the law by providing free, accessible, cutting edge legal services and legal assistance, by collaborating through statewide and national technology initiatives that magnify the numbers of persons served, and by inspiring lawyers in both corporate and private practices to donate tens of thousands of hours of their time every year in service to their communities and their nation.
Just-Tech is seeking a full-time Senior Network and Systems Engineer to be a part of its progressive and innovative team. The Senior Engineer will work out of our offices in New York and spend most of their time working directly with Just-Tech’s clients, their staff, and their volunteers to help ensure that their systems and applications are fully operational and that clients have the support they need to properly use their technology. The Senior Engineer will be responsible for resolving issues other Engineers and Support level personnel are unable to resolve on their own. Periodic work will be done at client offices in New York and across the nation and some overnight travel will be required.
Just-Tech and its clients are primarily Microsoft shops with some Apple, Linux, and Solaris-based systems. Most of our clients use VoIP telephone solutions that are either premise or cloud-based. We support users who increasingly work outside of their offices and use laptops, tablets, smartphones, and MiFi devices that Just-Tech maintains and supports.
The successful candidate will be motivated, resourceful, creative, detail-oriented, maintain grace under pressure, and welcome the opportunity to learn unfamiliar technologies. She/he must enjoy working as a member of a larger team but also have the skills, experience and confidence to work independently. Just-Tech is eager to hire individuals who have demonstrated commitment to serving their community, who want to put their technical mindset to use in the service of social justice and who are willing to grow their knowledge in assigned areas of responsibility. Extra consideration will be given to candidates with work or volunteer experience with non-profit law firms. Salary $80,000 – $100,000 plus benefits, based on experience.
- Plan, manage, implement and/or coordinate installation, upgrade, or deployment projects, including providing on-site direction for additional Just-Tech technology support staff.
- Communicating project status and completion to client and internal team members/supervisor. Completing projects within deadlines and in an organized fashion using proper solutions, while tracking time and resources.
- Monitor the health of client’s infrastructure and respond to/act on emergency alerts.
- Create and maintain documentation on client infrastructures, policies, procedures, and IT related knowledge base articles.
- Troubleshoot and resolve client network/system and level 3 computer system issues.
- Assist other Just-Tech network and systems engineers and technology support staff in troubleshooting difficult or time-sensitive problems, participate in various projects, and lend your unique areas of expertise when required.
- Identify client needs and design, propose, and implement solutions, including writing recommendations, specifying and building equipment, estimating hours, and assisting with or directly writing proposals/scopes of work.
- Maintain your knowledge and expertise by learning new and evolving technologies and by achieving appropriate industry and professional certifications.
- Contribute to company vision and direction by helping improve technical practices, as well as choosing key technologies and issues to address as we grow.
- Provide superb technical system and user support, both to your designated clients and to all clients whose projects you participate in.
- Establish, maintain, and increase client satisfaction through professional, courteous, and caring service.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent training with at least 5 years of industry experience in IT network/systems administration.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in Microsoft Windows Server/Desktop Operating Systems, OS Image Deployments, Group Policy, Exchange/Office 365/Google Apps, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SQL Server, Remote Desktop Services, SharePoint, VMWare/Hyper-V Servers and virtualized systems, Azure/AWS/Google cloud services, Enterprise Antivirus/Antispam solutions, backup technologies, redundant systems, disaster recovery implementation/failover experience and network monitoring applications.
- Detailed experience with the design and architecture of networks. Extensive experience with networking technologies including firewalls/routers/switches/wireless systems (Adtran, Cisco, Extreme, FortiGate, Juniper, SonicWALL, etc.), HA, VLANs, STP, stacking configurations, routing protocols such as EIGRP and OSPF, VPNs, IDS/IPS, and web filtering, in addition to implementing and managing LANs/WANs, ISP circuits and wireless network authentication and security using 802.1x and WPA2.
- Experience with Voice over IP systems and concepts, including QOS implementations, troubleshooting voice network quality issues such as jitter and latency using packet capture tools, configuring FXO/FXS gateways, e-fax configurations, building IVR/Auto Attendant programming, call routing, and implementation/migration to new VOIP systems.
- Experience with Case Management and Document Management Systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, working face-to-face and on-site with clients. Experience writing technical assessments and project proposals.
- Ability to handle all matters in a confidential manner, good problem-solving, time management, interpersonal skills; focused, flexible and enjoys working under pressure.
- Competence in at least one programming language and demonstrated ability to automate system administration tasks.
- Database, web programming, and scripting languages (Microsoft Access, VBA, Microsoft SQL, MySQL, PHP, Perl, VBS).
- Web Server Administration.
- Microsoft, Cisco, Networking and Security certifications.
- Document management solutions.
- Linux, Solaris and OS X server operating systems.
- ESET and ConnectWise applications.
- Unitrends, Datto, Rapid Recovery backup and disaster recovery solutions.
Work Schedule, Salary, Benefits, and Applying for the Position
Senior Network and Systems Engineer work normal business hours with some evening and weekend hours for client projects. Senior Engineers periodically need to respond to emergency calls and occasionally travel out-of-town to client sites and conferences. Just-Tech offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and exceptional professional growth opportunities. Just-Tech is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. People of color, women, people with disabilities, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons are
welcome and are encouraged to apply. Interested individuals should email a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Senior Network and Systems Engineer” in the subject line. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.